Friday, December 17, 2004

What this blog is about

What is this blog about, you ask?

Well, it's my voyage of self-discovery into the realm of politics. I've had an interest in politics for a while, but none of the "standard" labels really fit my views. After taking the
Political Compass test, I decided that my politics might be described as "progressive libertarian".

My position on the compass varies slightly each time I take the test, but basically I score slightly to the left and significantly towards the bottom of the graph.

"Pure libertarians" like the Libertarian Party of Ontario would probably fall in the right-hand bottom corner of the same test. I don't fall into this group.

"Moderate libertarians" tend to fall somewhat right of center. This doesn't quite describe me, but its closer.

The bottom left corner would be occupied by true communists, in my opinion. I mean true, Karl Marx type communism where everyone works for society willingly, not the Stalinist-Leninst communism that was implemented in the Soviet Empire. That kind of "communism" would fall in the upper left hand corner. But either way, that's far to the left (and too idealistic) to suit my views.




3 Comments:

At 2:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle

Welcome to the blogosphere!

I took the test and ended up dead centre. I'm so very Canadian.

-RobfromAlberta-

 
At 7:58 a.m., Blogger Kyle_From_Ottawa said...

Well, now you just need to start your own blog! "So Very Canadian" would make a great title. :)

It's an interesting test though. Did you consider yourself a centrist before taking it?

 
At 9:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was a little right of centre, and by Canadian standards I probably am. But clearly, if I were American, I would find no comfort in the Republican party.

-RobfromAlberta-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home