Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Losing weight

As mentioned, I joined Weight Watchers last week. I have my first weigh-in (not counting the initial one) tommorow. I intend to update this blog once a week with how I'm doing, mostly as a self motiviational thing.

There's all sorts of diets competing for our dollars these days, all with the "results not typical" disclaimer.

After reading claims and counter claims, some researchers found that it doesn't really matter what diet you follow as long as you stick to it. Most diets fail because people give up on them.

So far, this first week has been fairly easy. According to my home scale, I'm down 5-6 pounds. It helps that both my fiancée and I are on the same diet this time. We tend to corrupt each other if one of us is dieting and the other isn't or if we're on different plans.

Another motivitating factor is that I already paid for 7 weeks. I will follow it for 7 weeks at least, since I want my money's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home